I've setup a Microsoft Active Directory on Jira 6.1.3 but no configuration of sync found

I don't see in the advanced settings of my LDAP definition the possibility to configure the sync, as Enable Incremental Synchronisation etc...

What could be the problem?

Tx

2 answers

1 accepted

Hey Sophie,

By any chances you created a DELEGATED directory? The synchronization option only shows up if you created a

CONNECTOR which is the one that fully synchronizes with LDAP/AD.

In user Directories > Directory Configuration Summary you will be able to see the type of your directory to confirm the above information, like in below example:

=== Directories configured ===
Directory ID: 10204
Name: Active Directory server
Active: false
Type: CONNECTOR
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

You were right! But I met a problem with the type connector, I was not able to manage the password of internal user of jira, do you see a solution to solve this problem? Then I will go back to my first definition as you mention!!!

Thanks a lot and happy new year 2015

If you do a connector and were not able to change the internal user password is probably because it was in read only mode. The connector recover the information from AD so unless you change the configuration to read and write (changes in JRIA will reflect in AD) that problem you faced is expected. Be careful with read and write on user directories, if you choose that a deleted user in JIRA will be also deleted from AD :(.

Yes, I just notice ;-) I don't meet any more the problem of modifying the password, but I meet the problem to not be able to desactivate users. I've a complex request, I need to synchronize the users with my ldap but my users should not be activated by default.

That will depends on how you setup your directory :), if you have a connector just make sure to add all the users you want under a group that have the "can use permission" so any other user that is not that group but is from AD will not be able to see any of the JIRA content and hence will not count against the license. If you are using a delegated then and you are also copying the groups from AD you could not use the default group membership option. After you define with groups should have the "can use permission" in JIRA just add the user you want in AD and the other user will not be able to see the content and hence will not count against the license.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,861 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot