I've added new types of tasks - but i only see the standard three when i set up an issue

alex bogdanovski January 28, 2016

I've added Question as a JIRA issue type  - however when i log a new JIRA issue - only the standard three options appear - yet when i look at the issues types in JIRA i see a list of maybe 20, why can't i access the full list and how do i access the new issue types i'm adding 

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

What you just did is you created a new JIRA issue type. In order for your JIRA project to use it, you must associate that issue type to the JIRA Issue Type Scheme that your project is currently using.

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/associating-issue-types-with-projects-185729585.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2016

Did you add "question" to the issue type scheme for the project(s)?  And did you add it at issue level (i.e. not a sub-task type)

Suggest an answer