• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I use JIRA to manage issues but I see the need to save my issues with all details offline as there are places I go where I do not get internet coverage. Could you please help?

I use JIRA to manage issues but I see the need to save my issues with all details offline as there are places I go where I do not get internet coverage. Could you please help?

Keerthy Mysore March 2, 2017

I use JIRA to manage issues but I see the need to save my issues with all details offline as there are places I go where I do not get internet coverage.  Could you please help?

2 answers

2 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2017

Hi Keerthy,

This is a typical use case for JIRA Client (made by the company I work for) which lets you download issues, work offline and then upload your changes. Individual licences are available.

Cheers,

Robert

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

I think you're going to struggle with a Cloud solution - the whole point is that it's available on the internet and you don't have to think about where to run it.

Keerthy Mysore March 2, 2017

Thanks for your reply, Nic but seriously?  I find it rather unbelievable that Atlassian has not allowed for this.  Anybody else with comments.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

"But seriously" what?

You have chosen to use a Cloud offering.  Expecting that to have "offline" access is nonsense.

What you have described is "offline but online at the same time".  Which is it?

Suggest an answer