I there any exposed REST API in JIRA to calculate the estimated and logged hours of an user?

Chandra Sharma January 25, 2018

Hi,

I want to calculate estimated and logged hour on an issue of an user, by using JIRA REST APIs.

So, I wanna know is there any exposed REST API in JIRA to calculate the estimated and logged hours of an user?

If yes, please suggest me.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi Chandra

Yes, estimated is part of the standard items returned from API calls - it is the field timetracking.originalEstimateSeconds. As you've seen, all time values are stored in seconds. The logged hours can be obtained via the worklogs parameter. See the documentation here

Tarun Gupta January 29, 2018

Is there any jira query to get time logged by a user between certain time range for the ticket/s of a sprint.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

Hi

If you pass the parameter ?fields=worklog, the worklog item that is returned has each person's logged time together with when they logged it. If you use the ?fields parameter, it will only return the fields specified, so you'll need to pass in all fields you want e.g.

?fields=worklog,key,customfield_xxxx etc.

Suggest an answer