I switch phone need to disable 2FA and add to the new phone

Tony Nguyen November 21, 2020

I have a new phone. It won't let me disable my 2FA on the disabled 2FA link.  I will need to register for the new phone.  What do I do now?

Thanks,

Tony N.

2 answers

0 votes
Victoria Grigson May 5, 2022

Has there been any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue. The error message is:

"Something went wrong

Refresh the page and try again. If this keeps happening, let us know using the link below."
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

Tony,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  

Do you have your emergency recovery key?  You will need to use that if you can no longer access your old phone.  If you have your old phone you can connect it to WiFi and you should be able to use the app to 2FA.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/two-step-verification-976161185.html#:~:text=Disable%20two%2Dstep%20verification,-If%20you%20disable&text=You%20won't%20see%20this,click%20Disable%20two%2Dstep%20verification.

If you've lost your recovery key, see our issues with your account section or contact Atlassian Support to get back into your account.

Tony Nguyen November 21, 2020

I do have an old phone but I wanted to switch my 2FA to my new phone since I won't be using my old phone.  When I click on disable two-step verification.  The error popup said something is wrong. It won't allow me to disable it Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 10.00.40 PM.pngso I can enable and scan the new 2FA from my new phone.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2020

One last idea that comes to my mind is to see if a different browser also brings up an error message when trying to disable 2FA or to wait a few hours if there has been a system error on cloud probably.

As you do not have some sort of log files, unfortunately nor do we have, best option like Brant mentioned would be to raise a support request with Atlassian support.

Tony Nguyen November 23, 2020

This issue still the same for Chrome and Safari using a mac. How do I open a support request ticket? 

Thanks,

Tony N.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

You can contact support using this link:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I cannot open the ticket.  It goes back to this community link?

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.24.46 PM.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

That should only be the case for the free plan.

Are you on a free plan?

I am on using this email for the company's Jira board.  Maybe it's a free plan? What should I do now to remove the current 2FA and add to the new phone?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

Speak to your local IT support or if not given the one who pays for the site. They can open a support request. Normally this is stated like this on the bottom of that page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events