I stopped receiving email notifications

Mimi Halperin January 19, 2021

With no changes to my notification settings I noticed I have stopped receiving emails when mentioned on tickets I am watching on Jira and pages I'm following on Confluence 

1 answer

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

If you do not have JIRA admin rights have the JIRA System Administrator mail cache/queue to see if they are stuck in a backlog.

If the mail queue is empty:

-- then for Confluence the person updating the confluence page removed the notification to Watchers checkbox.

--for JIRA check the system automation rules and see if audit logs reveal anything

Mimi Halperin January 21, 2021

thanks for replying, I tried this but didn't work:(

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

clarifying question are you referring to the notification links in confluence or the actual e-mails in outlook?

Mimi Halperin January 24, 2021

The actual emails in Outlook. Sorry for not explaining enough.

Thanks!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2021

So, if the mails leave Confluence correctly but missing in Outlook this suggests there is a spam filter or filtering rules "hiding" the mails - or the mail servers involved (between Confluence infrastructure and your receiving mail server is causing trouble).

Do you have a mail administrator (the one who provides you the mail service) which could help in further debug?

Like Carla Ann Rowland likes this

Suggest an answer