I only want customers to see issues that they (or other customers) create. Is this possible?

Chris O'Connell August 22, 2017

We use the Jira Cloud solution.  We set up one project for a client.  Users from that client can create issues.  I want everyone to be able to see those issues, clients as well as the internal team (PM/Devs/etc.).  Internal team members create issues/tasks/etc.  I don't want the client to be able to see the internal issues (essentially, they don't need to see how the sausage is made).

I know we could create different projects, but I want to minimize overhead for the PM and rest of the team.  Additionally, the internal team will make mistakes and create issues in the wrong project, etc. etc.  I just want a solution that minimizes the overhead on people and lets the software deal with the complexity.

Do I use roles for this?  How do I do this?  Note, in some cases, I want the client users to see items that are created by the internal team.  For example, if the PM creates a Kanban board and then creates an Epic to use to filter issues for the board, I need the client to be able to link their Issue to that Epic so that their Issue shows up on the appropriate Kanban board

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

Security Scheme allows you to control which issues users and/or groups can see. Have a look at the documentation for it, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

Suggest an answer