I need to login with username

Vidushi Sandhir October 9, 2016

Hi

When my account was created for Atlassian cloud - I was assigned a username and I set a password against that. WHen I try logging in JIRA or Atlassian, it asks me for email (vs username) and password. My login does not work and upon requesting a new password, I get the message that my account does not exist against the email address

Am I using the incorrect link to login? I should be asked for username vs email

3 answers

2 votes
Frank Butter April 4, 2019

Hello,

came here by accident as I have also some questions about "username". Just wanted to let you know that it somehow disturbs me how the question of the customer is ignored (he said that he _did_ create an account and set up a password for it).
Instead of reacting on the question, obviously some vanilla answer was selected 'the message informing that you don't have an account means that you don't have an account...'. Really?

Please read, try to understand and actually _help_ instead of pasting not fitting standard answers...

best,

F. 

0 votes
Muhammad Waseem Riaz (Fadera) December 21, 2020

Hi brother,
I recently had the same issue and lost access to my repo.
after searching here and there and doing a lot of thinking.
I caught the issue. it was a difference of (.) in my email.
for Gmail and most other email services, abc.def@gmail.com is the same as abcdef@gmail.com.
But here in Atlassian, These are 2 different emails that will have 2 different usernames.
so be sure to check for characters other than alphabets in your email and check if you can regain access to your old account.

0 votes
aradmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2016

Hi Vidushi,

Atlassian recently migrated some instances to use Atlassian Account which requires login with e-mail address instead of username.

The message informing that you don’t have an account means that you don’t have an Atlassian Account yet. In this case, you need to sign up to an Atlassian Account then, you  will be able to login in your JIRA.

To do that follow the steps below:

1.  Visit Atlassian Id.
  2. Click on Sign up
  3. Enter the email address
  4. Insert a password and click on sign up to finish.
  5. An email will be sent to you in order to verify the email address
  6. After verifying the email address you'll be able to login in the instance.

Hope it helps.

Lenny Castaneda August 31, 2018

For some reason there is a duplicate username for me and I don't know how to find which email it is associated with.

Suggest an answer