I need to have a user that has very limited access. Can you explain to me how to do it?

Julius Kelly January 23, 2013

I need the user to have the following rights:
1.) Login
2.) Only View tasks details with right to add comment - but can't see who is assigned
3.) Able to keep some tasks not visible to them if we need to hide

Also, Why you need to be sysadmin for bulk delete and how do we aquire information on that account?

3 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hi Drexter,

In regards to the sysadmin account, that is an Atlassian only account used for support, and does not count against your license. In OnDemand, the sysadmin permission is not available to customers, only to Atlassian.

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hi Drexter,

In regards to the sysadmin account, that is an Atlassian only account used for support, and does not count against your license. In OnDemand, the sysadmin permission is not available to customers, only to Atlassian.

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

You can limit who can see what but not part of it like assignee. That can be done only with plugins but third party plugins are not allowed in onDemand.

See project permissions on what you can limit.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Julius Kelly January 23, 2013

Why you need to be sysadmin for bulk delete and how do we aquire information (a log in) on that account?

Suggest an answer