I need to do 'JOIN' with an advanced seach in JQL

María José Mateos Rojas July 13, 2016

I need to do 'JOIN' with an advanced seach in JQL, because I want to get a filter on the advanced search (with fields of different projects that do not match in both) showing those tasks where two different projects have the same value in the custom field 'center TAS'. What function can I use?

Regards

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

JQL is not SQL, and there's no "join" type functions.  JQL simply finds issues that match criteria and has nothing to say about the output.

Your query needs to use something like (project = X and cf1 = Y) or (project = Z and cf1 = Y), but I'm not 100% sure what the actual problem is here.

María José Mateos Rojas July 13, 2016

Hi Nic,

I need to get a filter that show fields of two projects diferents, where field 1 only is in the project 1 and field 2 only is in the project 2, the unique relation between both projects is that some issues in project 1 is linked with some issues in project 2. I know that SQL I colud doing but with JQL I don't know. Some idea?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

I'm sorry, I don't understand that.  I get that you have two projects with different fields, but I'm lost from "unique relation"

As I said, JQL is for finding issues, and the query I gave should pull back the issues you seem to be interested in.  I'm not sure your "unique relation" is even stored in JIRA, so there's no way you can report on something that is not there.

Pontanares, Rodel (HQP) January 30, 2020

Ex. i need to see all subtasks where I am the owner or assignee of its parent task (or where the filter is on the parent task).

Like # people like this
tlivkindco February 4, 2020

HI Did anyone fine solution for this issue?

Zaher_Yacoub April 23, 2020

One simple way is to save your sub-query and use "AND filter = Saved_Filter"

Like ian.lovejoy likes this

Suggest an answer