I need to create an issue during start of the Sprint (Default one).

Manikandan K November 3, 2017

I need to create an issue during start of the Sprint (Default one). Is there any way to achieve this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

For standard Jira, I don't believe there's anything that will do it for you.

We have a number of issues that we create and take into each sprint. I use the REST API with some C# code, so at the push of a button it creates an issue with 5 sub-tasks, with all the details in them including estimated hours.

Manikandan K November 3, 2017

Please share me the details. Let me give a try

Carolynn Kemmerer November 3, 2017

I would be very interested in this as well.  We have the same issue here.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

There is a description of connecting to the REST API in this link. The user must have Create rights in Jira.

Then I pass in a POST request with the following JSON

{"fields": {"project": {"key": "XXXX"  },"summary": "Regular Portal Release 15 Nov 2017",    "description": "+This is the regular and main live release ticket for each sprint.+ nnThe release process is documented in Confluence",    "issuetype": {      "name": "Task"    },    "customfield_11100": {      "value": "Non Project"    },    "customfield_11101": {      "value": "Portal Release"    },    "customfield_12701": " ",    "timetracking": {      "originalEstimate": "4h"    }  }}

You will obviously need to understand C#, JSON and the REST API to work with this.

Suggest an answer