• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I need to create a filter in JIRA that returns the duration it has taken from task creation to the first time that the task has been marked as In Progress. In other words, measuring the waited duration.

I need to create a filter in JIRA that returns the duration it has taken from task creation to the first time that the task has been marked as In Progress. In other words, measuring the waited duration.

Marieke Smit June 27, 2015

Hi,

We have moved to JIRA from an in-house ticketing system this week.  I am struggling to extract the same statistical reports in JIRA than what we had available in our previous system.  I need to, per task, be able to see how long (in days), it has taken from the task has been created, to when the task has been changed to In Progress the FIRST TIME.  So this is what we would call the "Waited Duration".  Then I also need to measure, per task, how long it has taken from task creation to when the task was closed, ie "Task Resolution".  I need to retrieve this per task priority, and then average this on a weekly basis.

Can you please provide some insight on how this can be done?  If not possible with the available columns and built-in functions, would I be able to write such a function myself?

Looking forward to your reply,

Marieke 

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2015

Nothing out of the box. I can suggest 2 things:

1) Scripted fields with a logic that calculates between 2 date fields. You will have to create another date field like "To In Progress" date which will automatically have a value (though post-function) whenever the ticket is transitioned to "In Progress"

2) A script/tool that utilize the JIRA API (I suggest using the JIRACLI tool) to retrieve a ticket's history, parse the result on when a certain ticket was transitioned to what status, then do you calculation in that script. You may want to use save this data on your report only or update a custom field in your ticket.

*I have some teams on my JIRA instance using option #2

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2015

Hey Marieke,

Here you can see some suggestions to achieve this. Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Andre 

Suggest an answer