I need to create a filter for some users for scrum board

njain2@markem-imaje.com December 3, 2020

Hi,

Kindly please help, there is a filetr to create for group of people.

How Can i write JQL for it?

I wanted to use this filter in scrum board.

Kindly please suggest the solution to it.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hi njain2@markem-imaje.com,

You could try:

assignee in membersof("a Jira group") 

where a Jira group would be exactly that: an existing user group in Jira.

Or also:

assignee in ("Person 1", "Person 2", "Person 3")

if you don't have a group available, but know the list of people is limited.

Make sure to not only think about the group, but also how you will relate those people to their issues: they may be assignee, reporter or watcher.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

I'd suggest the latter option Walter is suggesting here. It's easier to modify a list than it is a group.

an example query could be

project = xyz AND assignee in (user1, user2, user3) AND status in (open, in-progress) ....

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

In addition to Walter's suggestion (which I think is the correct one(s)) - you can use a QUICK FILTER to narrow down an existing board to just view the work from the list of people.

A quick filter is nice because it doesn't require changing the board much, and can be toggled on/off.

You still use the same JQL for it, but you'd only want to include assignee in (user1, user2, user3)

Also worth mentioning that the JQL will update to be a long string after you are done.  That's intentional, and you can't change it. 

njain2@markem-imaje.com December 4, 2020

Thanks Walter

I have used the first query and it worked like a charm.

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events