I need to change Jira server to a new IP address. How to I change the link with old server IP address in issues?

IT Support January 4, 2017

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

What link?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Oh, that's ugly, and a reason why we use server names instead of IP addresses - so we don't have this problem when an ip address changes.

I'm afraid if you're moving the ip addresses around, you'll need to go in and edit every issue with a link on it.  I'd probably try to script it with REST calls.  (Well, actually, I'd hack the database, but I've been doing this for <mumble> years and still refuse to recommend that to anyone who isn't a very experienced admin)

Is there anyway to edit the comment made by users? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2017

If you have "edit comment" permission, then yes, but I don't know if you can do it over REST.

0 votes
Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Hello,

First, you have to be sure to update the "base url".

If you've still have content with the old IP, a (very) dirty way I would try would be to directly change the data in the db or with the xml export during the migration...

good luck

0 votes

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response.

The link to the documents on the server. Example: Avocado has met the issue about ALPM in HBR2 case. Refer to the Jira: http://192.168.11.35:8080/browse/AVL-199 

Suggest an answer