I need to be able to see all users, and what tasks/issues etc they have. Where do I do that?

Jens_Krøyer July 15, 2015

I need to be able to see all users, and what tasks/issues etc they have. Where do I do that?

Have been working a lot with Axosoft, where you can filter per person, and see all features/defects they have assigned. I want to be able to do the same in Jira.

Is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2015

On the main menu, you have the menu "issues", use that to get to "search".  

There are two search interfaces, simple and advanced.  The simple one has a handful of standard common fields you can search on, and for your case, just select the user from the field "assignee".  In advanced search you can be more clever and do compound statements, but start typing "assignee = <name>" and it will help you build the query string.

For an overview of everything that is happening, I would

• leave the search blank to get filter that simply returns all issues.  
  • Save that filter with a name like "everything"
  • Create a new dashboard for yourself
  • Add an "issue statistics" gadget to it
    • Configure that to use the "everything" filter
    • Set the Statisic Type to Assignee
  • Save it.

You'll find your dashboard now shows you a list of numbers of issues by assignee which you can use to drill down by assignee.  You may want to change the filter to "resolution = unresolved" to see all open issues, and you might want a look at the two-dimensional filter statistics gadget because seeing things like assignee vs status is very useful

Suggest an answer