I need to be able to run a query: Select Stories/Defects from Project B where “assigned” in (List of people from Project A)

syam prasad ramineedi February 11, 2015

How can I get a query in Jira which will return the project members?

The purpose of this query:

I am running Project A, which has some team members.

There is another project – project B, which has stories/defects assigned to some of my team members

I need to be able to run a query:

Select Stories/Defects from Project B where “assigned” in (List of people from Project A)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2015

Not quite as you've asked, because searches are for finding issues, not people.

But you can get "issues from B where assignee is in a list".  The difficulty in your specification is that you have not said how you identify "people from project A", which you can only really do in JIRA by saying membersOf(group) - not project.

syam prasad ramineedi February 11, 2015

we don't have group, but we have the project roles, i want retrieve the issues are assigned to list of team members from project A which are in Project B also.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2015

That's the problem, there is no function to say "user in role in project X". (You can do "project where user is in role", but that desn't help you)

Suggest an answer