• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I need to be able to run a query: Select Stories/Defects from Project B where “assigned” in (List of people from Project A)

I need to be able to run a query: Select Stories/Defects from Project B where “assigned” in (List of people from Project A)

How can I get a query in Jira which will return the project members?

The purpose of this query:

I am running Project A, which has some team members.

There is another project – project B, which has stories/defects assigned to some of my team members

I need to be able to run a query:

Select Stories/Defects from Project B where “assigned” in (List of people from Project A)

1 answer

0 vote

Not quite as you've asked, because searches are for finding issues, not people.

But you can get "issues from B where assignee is in a list".  The difficulty in your specification is that you have not said how you identify "people from project A", which you can only really do in JIRA by saying membersOf(group) - not project.

we don't have group, but we have the project roles, i want retrieve the issues are assigned to list of team members from project A which are in Project B also.

That's the problem, there is no function to say "user in role in project X". (You can do "project where user is in role", but that desn't help you)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

212 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you