• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I need to be able to find the issues closed in a specific sprint. We have issues that carry through multiple sprints and I need to "Trap" only the issues closed in a specific sprint. How can I do this?

I need to be able to find the issues closed in a specific sprint. We have issues that carry through multiple sprints and I need to "Trap" only the issues closed in a specific sprint. How can I do this?

Shan McAdoo August 25, 2015

The Title says is all.

I have a project with many sprints and need to create a list of sprints that have only the issues closed in a specific sprint. 

4 answers

0 votes
Shan McAdoo August 26, 2015

Thanks for the input 

I am trying some of these ideas now. 

Brian Ross August 27, 2015

If you can, let us know what you came up with to solve your question. Interested to see different solutions to an issue. Thanks!

Hoang Tran March 15, 2017

Any luck?  I'm having the same issue.

Like Aaron Harrison likes this
jenifer_roveran August 15, 2019

I'm interested too. Did anyone find a good solution?

alison October 15, 2019

sprint = 6486 and status was in (Closed,Done) during ("2019-09-17 11:45", "2019-10-01 11:28") and issuetype != Sub-Task and resolution not in (Duplicate,Killed)

This should get you the same data for Confluence query as the Sprint Report. Note that you have to put in the status, issuetype and resolutions as per your configuration of Jira.

Sprint name still doesn't work as it has an issue with spaces even though you put it in quotes...

0 votes
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Another alternative to get deeper if you want to know which parent issues in all open sprints (if you run several teams with several concurrent sprints across any JIRA project) had a status change between a date range. You could further qualify this by adding a time block to the start/stop. Throw this at a pie chart to identify what went to QA and what went to Closed, for instance, in this range. This only works if the sprint is still open; else name the sprint by name like others above.

AND sprint in openSprints() AND status changed during (2015-08-22, 2015-09-04)
0 votes
Brian Ross August 25, 2015

Similar to Arthur's comment

Get to the Advanced Search and start building statement similar to:

status WAS "closed" and sprint =  "Sprint 18"
0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

Hey Shan,

You can run a JQL to search for the sprints you would like to. Please refer to this page for more details on how to achieve it.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer