I need to be able to append some static text to a comment posted by a Tech during transition.

Bob the Builder August 15, 2017

Basically on a reassignment from one team to another we require the tech to comment why it is being reassigned so that the end user knows what is occuring.  We would also like to append some text to that comment as it is being reassigned so that we can supply the user with some additional information in the comment without requiring the tech to actually type it in.  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

For the first part, there are a number of add-ons that allow you to put a "comment required" validator on a transition to force comments to be entered.

For the second part though, you'll need a scripting add-on or a new post-function that can append your text to the comment.

Bob the Builder August 15, 2017

We have the comment required portion in place.  And we are using the JMWE add-on to post the second comment with a Groovy expresion.  What I am trying to do is combine both comments into a single comment so that it looks cleaner to the end user.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

I don't think JMWE can append to a comment, just add to a new one.

Suggest an answer