I need to add a new soap service in JIRA.Please let me know the steps?

naganathan August 20, 2015

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

I'm not quite clear on what you want to do here - are you suggesting implementing a new SOAP interface in JIRA?  Or something that runs outside JIRA, listens for incoming SOAP calls and translates them into something JIRA can work with?

naganathan August 23, 2015

I want to create a wrapper class over updateIssue and addComment service. Since external system are not able to access those methods.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2015

I'm sorry, but repeating the question does not answer the question I have asked. Please explain

naganathan August 24, 2015

I need to create a new SOAP service within JIRA which can get a request from external system and then invoke the updateIssue and addComment service method.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2015

Ok, that makes sense. You'll need to write either a service (which can run regularly) or a post-function or listener (those can run on issue changes) which can reach out, over SOAP to your other system and pull the data in. These things are written as addons, although you could try to script it in the Script-runner addon if you're comfortable making SOAP calls from there. Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started if you want to write it as an addon.

0 votes
naganathan August 20, 2015

External system are not able to consume the updateIssue and addComment service in JIRA. so I need to write a wrapper java class.The External System doesn't support Array type in SOAP XML. Please let me know to steps to write a wrapper class over the JIRA services.

Suggest an answer