I need restrict the edit permission to project role based on custom field value on jira, Is there any way to do it? Kindly help.

srinivasa_pudi March 16, 2015

I have a select list having 2 options, security, network, and project roles security_role and Network_role,

When the ticket is in open status, and select list value is network then only users in network_role can edit the ticket, similar for security as well,

Kindly provide me some suggestion on this how I can achieve?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2015

You can't do this on the value of a custom field.  You can restrict edit by status though - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Nic is correct, this is not possible based on a field. Instead of using a select list use two issue types ("Secutity Issue", "Network Issue"). If you have for each issue type an own workflow, you can use those workflow properties to achieve your goal.

Suggest an answer