I need help migrating Confluence and Jira over to a new Linux server.

Michael Barnes July 25, 2017

This is a standard install of Confluence and Jira on linux server.   I've followed the steps described here. -> https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/migrating-confluence-between-servers-829078379.html  However, all I get is a white screen when I try to access Confluence on the new server.  What am I missing?  I have not yet tried to migrate Jira to this server.

I have copied the following folders to the new server.

/opt/atlassian/

/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence

Thank you for your help.

Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Barnes July 25, 2017

That log file ( /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/stlassian-confluence.log) is not showing anything current.  I just restarted that server and the last entry is from Friday the 20th.

Is there another location?

Mike

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Try the catalina.out under the confluence installation then. I am suspecting that the new Confluence home itself is not recognized.

Michael Barnes July 26, 2017

Thank you Jobin.  The catalina.out file showed impropper rights to the atlassian-confluence.log file.  Corrected that part.   Here is the first error.

2017-07-25 16:20:17,046 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [org.springframework.beans.GenericTypeAwarePropertyDescriptor] getWriteMethodForActualAccess Invalid JavaBean property 'cacheFactory' being accessed! Ambiguous write methods found next to actually used [public void com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.persistence.dao.hibernate.HibernateSpaceDao.setCacheFactory(com.atlassian.vcache.VCacheFactory)]: [public void com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.hibernate.VersionedHibernateObjectDao.setCacheFactory(com.atlassian.cache.CacheFactory)]

I can post more of this file later if need be.  Is there a way to post the file?

Thank you again.

Mike

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Do you see any error in the logs (atlassian-confluence.log) during startup or while accessing confluence?

Michael Barnes July 28, 2017

I do see some errors but I'm not sure how to translate them.  Is there a way I can post the file here or should I find alternative methods.

I'm at a lost of what to do next.

Thank you

Mike

Suggest an answer