I need help creating a filter to separate the issues for 2 Kanban boards under the same project.

Mridul Chatterjee March 15, 2019

I have one project space under which there are 2 sets of tasks and assignments. 

I need a way to separate them. I created 2 Kanban boards but realize now that both boards under the same project have all the issues. Is there any way to unlink the issue from both boards but maintain it under the same project space? 

I realize filtering is a way to view separate issues, if anyone could point out a JQL for a board separation, that would help? 

However, the main issue is that these 2 boards really need to be separate - this cannot be done through issue type or assignee or priority, etc. These will overlap. 

Feeling a little stuck! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hello @Mridul Chatterjee 

It's pretty easy with JQL to separate issues into as many boards as you want.

Make sure on the issues you want to separate there is an identifier value  like component, label, or a similar field

So that then you can write  JQL like

Project = ABC and Component = London

Project =ABC and Component = Sydney

This way you can have different set of issues for different kanban board. If you want to separate issues based on teams, then it's best to create a custom field called teams which is a select drop-down and use that in the JQL query.

Hi, @Tarun Sapra 

Thanks! Will try the component thing and report the results :)

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hello @Mridul Chatterjee 

If you find the answer useful, please accept/upvote so that others are also helped

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2019

Thanks! I will definitely accept. 

Suggest an answer