• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I need a way to "block" editing and deleting worklogs on a worklog id basis

I send my work logs to a third-party system. While they can be edited until a specific event takes place on the backend system, I need a way to block further editing or deleting from Jira after the blocking event.

One way I deduce from the REST API interface is that I can use visibility to let only the admins see the work logs after the event. But it is a bit too harsh for the users, I am curious for other less intrusive ideas.

2 answers

If blocking is impossible, then I need a way to undo the edit or delete action via automation if possible.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Hi @Richard Vencu

I found information on how to implement this, but I would like you to check if it works, documentation is a bit unclear in this regards.

The whole idea is based on:

Don't worry it reads "Server" as I found a bug relating to "Cloud" - but this is meanwhile closed and by changing your workflow I see good chances that it will work for you:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67154

The important part is (citing Dave from the linked bug):

We are able to consistently confirm that the property is working.
The syntax we have used is:

jira.permission.work = denied

where jira.permission.work is the property key and denied is the value. You may need to republish your workflow to verify that this is working.

In case you want to test please do let us know what you found out.

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks. I knew about that, however on the same issue, I might have a mix of work logs, some of them I need to block while others are still open.

I cannot use properties at the issue level (such as ones for the status), nor at user level. I need properties at work log level, individually.

So the visibility property appears to be the sole solution while it will also inadvertently hide the logs from the users... something that I would like to avoid.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you