• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I need a filter to show # stories by assignee (for display in a pie chart gadget). My filter sorts by assignee. What syntax do I use to have it add up the stories after the sort?

I need a filter to show # stories by assignee (for display in a pie chart gadget). My filter sorts by assignee. What syntax do I use to have it add up the stories after the sort?

Cheryl Begley March 3, 2017

I need a filter to show # stories by assignee (for display in a pie chart gadget). My filter sorts by assignee. What syntax do I use to have it add up the stories after the sort?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2017

You don't.  JQL is for finding issues, it says nothing about what data is on them or how it's displayed.

All you need to do is take your search and display it in something that will add up the numbers for you.  A pie chart, working off "assignee" will do that automatically. 

Cheryl Begley March 3, 2017

Ahhh ... and if I want the pie chart to show points by assignee, how is that done? I don't see a option to have it work off of points.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2017

Ah, no, most reports will give you basic numbers as a count of issues.  For adding up points, you'll need to be looking at the sprint gadgets and reports.

Suggest an answer