I need a filter to show how long an issue was in a custom status.

Beth Starr November 19, 2014

I need a filter to show how long an issue was in a custom status.  I have not been able to figure out how to do this, and none of the aging reports will show this type of information.  There are no filter options to select how long it has been since something moved to this status or how long it was in the particular status or how long it was assigned to someone for me to gather this information that I can find.  Is there any filter to find this information?

2 answers

1 vote
Asael Sepúlveda November 19, 2014

You can use the "Average time in status" gadget, which can measure both built-in and custom status. You seem to be using JIRA cloud, so it is already included in your gadgets. If you're having trouble configuring it, you can see full documentation here:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCHART/JIRA%20Charting%20Plugin

However, this gadget can only display 300 days. If you need anything more than that or something more complex, you can use the API to extract the information and build a custom report.

Let me know if this was of any help

Asael Sepúlveda November 19, 2014

By the way, if you want to know how long a specific issue was in a custom status, the only way I can think of is by developing a custom report and using the API to search for the issue.

Beth Starr November 20, 2014

I appreciate you responding to my question. Unfortunately, Average time in status will not work because it only shows the average time in a status once the issue is resolved. I am looking for a filter to show how long an item is sitting in a status prior to being resolved.

0 votes
Dave Hergert November 19, 2014

I would suggest you download/install/buy the EazyBI plugin.  It can do some crazy reporting, including measuring and reporting on "time in status".

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira

Suggest an answer