I need a dashboard organized by delivery dates. How can I set this up?

Heidi Collins June 23, 2017

These are for small educational projects (websites, animations, videos, powerpoints, multimedia, etc.) for a university. We have 5 team members who are typically working on 1 to 10 small projects at any given time. Currently I track the status of each project in one spreadsheet. Ideally, I would create a Kanban project for each project, but I can't figure out how to add a delivery date to a project and how to configure the dashboard so it's organized by delivery date, which is the driving force for these projects.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

Projects don't have data like that.  They're generally expected to have many releases and track which issues are released by using versions to batch them up.

You could re-organise your JIRA so that it works off versions and a smaller set of projects, and do  something with Kanban boards meaning you wouldn't need to continually recreate projects and boards for every new project.

Or, you could do a little bit of coding.  Create an issue type for "project", and place one of these in a project every time you create a new one.  Stick the date(s) on that, and then code something that cascades the date out to the issues somehow.

Suggest an answer