I need a custom field which is a simple calculation of two other fields. Which plugin should I use?

David Sabine February 4, 2014

I'd like to create a custom field which performs a calculation of two other number fields: "Business Value" / "Story Points" == the result of that equation would could be a read-only value of a custom/calculated field called ROI.

I presume a plug-in already exists which can achieve this goal. I'd like your advice which plug-in we should consider?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Sabine February 11, 2014

Answer: OnDemand doesn't have any facilities for scripted/calculated fields.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

I'd always reach for the script-runner first. There are no easy, generic "calculate a field" type plugins, mostly because the range of things you might want to calculate are so wide, there's no way to code for all of them

The script runner makes derived fields quite easy, but you'll still need to write a bit of code to do it.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Yes, me too.

0 votes
DavidP February 19, 2017

Not sure if I can BUMP this, but was a solution found?  I'm also looking to do the same 'ROI' calculation.

P.S. I'm a newbie - I have JIRA Server admin access but no access to developers for any coding.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

JIRA misc custom fields plugin, if script runner isn't your deal then

David Sabine February 5, 2014

JIRA Misc Custom Fields add-on is evidently not available for use with "JIRA On-Demand" instances. :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2014

Correct, OnDemand doesn't have any facilities for scripted/calculated fields.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

Ah, OnDemand. You should add the tags "jira-ondemand" and "ondemand" to your questions so that the community knows about this fact.

Suggest an answer