I modified the issues workflow; now "Created versus Resolved" chart doesnt work

philippos February 9, 2016

We created an intermediate task for our issues, "Code verification".

Now the "Created versus Resolved" plugin does not work; only the "Created" line appears positive; the resolved line appears as zero although issues attain "Resolved" status every day.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Ok. it seems that your workflow is not setting a resolution while your issues move into status resolved. The resolved line shows issues with a resolution independent from the status the issue is in.

So you need to set a resolution in your workflow via postfunction within the transition to a status that should have a resolution (like your resolved status).

philippos February 10, 2016

Thank you.

How do I set a resolution via postfunction?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

You need to edit your workflow. Click on a transition where you need to set the resolution. Click on the tab postfunction, click add postfunction, mark "update issue field", click add. Then select Resolution as issue field and a value (e.g. Fixed) for the resolution. Click Add  (if neccessary repeat this for other transitions as well) and then publish your draft.

philippos February 10, 2016

Yes, this works great, thank you. 

philippos February 22, 2016

A side question on the same issue:

I have several re-opened and re-resolved issues, The image becomes distorted, obviously because the "FIXED" status needs to be removed when an issue is re-opened? How can I do that?

resolved2.jpg

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2016

You need to remove the resolution in you reopen transition. Again, use a postfunction that clears the Resolution.

philippos February 23, 2016

No, for re-open transitions this parameter update already exists.

Maybe I need to set this somewhere else?

snapReopen.jpg

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

Ok, that seems to be correct. Well actually the graph could be correct, when you have more issues resolved than created. Since 9th of February (I guess) there have been only 8-10 issues created (reopened does not count) but around 50+ have been resolved - is that correct?

philippos March 1, 2016

Yes, you are right, this is the problem, thank you

Suggest an answer