• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I'm using Jira On Demand Bug Tracker, and I am trying to figure out how to send e-mail notifications when a new bug is entered or resolved. I don't see any options under "Outgoing Mail". Any help configuring this would be appreciated.

I'm using Jira On Demand Bug Tracker, and I am trying to figure out how to send e-mail notifications when a new bug is entered or resolved. I don't see any options under "Outgoing Mail". Any help configuring this would be appreciated.

David Marino January 15, 2014

I'm using Jira On Demand Bug Tracker, and I am trying to figure out how to send e-mail notifications when a new bug is entered or resolved. I don't see any options under "Outgoing Mail". Any help configuring this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2014

Hi David,

It sounds like you need a Notification Scheme. This allows you to assign events to a recipient. To get to the Notificatyions scheme, click cog icon (top-right) -> Issues -> select Notifications Scheme from the sidebar. You will be able to edit the recipients from there :)

One item I would double-check is the 'Notify users of their own changes'. You would need to ensure this is set to 'Yes' if you perform the action on an issue and want to receive the notification. The 'User Preferences' are available from cog icon -> User Management -> User Prefrences.

More details on Notification Schemes are available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Cheers,

Paul

Suggest an answer