I'm unable to deactivate a user as an admin

Audrey May 6, 2013

I'm an ondemand customer and the Jira admin. I would like to deactive accounts but do not see the active flag in the edit form. Please advise how this can be done.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Rodriguez June 5, 2013

You guys should really update the online documentation with this information. I just spent the better part of an hour trying to do this in the interface and searching online before stumbling on this here. Judging from other people's questions I bet I'm not the only one.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

Thanks for the feedback, Christian, I understand searching for the right doc can be a frustrating process! I'll make sure to pass this along, and in the meantime it's good to make sure that you're in the OnDemand docs by verifying that "AOD" is in the URL like the link above - this will ensure you're looking at the right stuff with the latest info.

Best,

-dave

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Audrey,

You don't actually "deactivate" a user in OnDemand. You can control who has access to the applications in your instance by managing application access:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+application+access

Hope it helps.

Audrey May 6, 2013

Thanks. How can I stop those accounts from counting towards my licensed users?

Audrey May 6, 2013

Thanks. How can I stop those accounts from counting towards my licensed users?

Jeison
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2013

Piece of cake. From Application Access page, each time you revoke application access from a user to a given application, you free one spot in that application. You can actually see it reflected on the "remaining spots" in the same page, on each of the applications' columns.

Audrey May 6, 2013

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer