I'm unable to assign my team members to tasks/epics

Aileen Ly October 26, 2016

I was creating a task when I realized that the "assignee" field was missing. When my co-worker tried to create the task them self and assign it to me or any of my team members, the "assignee" field would appear, but none of our names would show up (even trying the admin of our board's name). How should I proceed??

*Note all team members are able to log into JIRA

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

It also sounds like you might not have the right to "browse users" - if you don't have that, users won't be listed in user pickers and you can't search for them - you have to know their user id so you can type the whole thing in.

That's a "global" permission, you'll need to check it in the admin section.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

Hello, 

It sounds as though your permission scheme may not be allowing you to do these things. If you and your co-worker are seeing different things on the same screens it means that you have different permissions. If you can, I'd look at the permission scheme for the project. In particular, look at the "Assignable User" and "Assign Issues" permissions.

Kian

Suggest an answer