I'm trying to set up JIRA service desk to be used by both clients and internal users to submit tickets to 4-5 different teams via a single portal.

Ashley Fraschilla May 11, 2016

What is the recommended approach for creating one portal that would be able to route tickets into different product support teams' queues but allow agents to obtain easy access to each others queues when needed? There is only very infrequently cross-over of ticket handling. Would you create one queue and then create separate components for each product and filter on component when creating a queue or would you create separate service desk projects per product?  Also, is it possible to create an employee (internal customer) portal and customer portal that both go to the same place?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

I would create separate issue types for each product, all within the same project. Then build each queue to look at each issue type. You could also use JIRA core to create different support email addresses that create issues with the different issue types. Reporting and controlling different workflows are also much easier when you use issue type for this scenario. 

You only have the option for one customer portal unfortunately. 

1 vote
Ashley Fraschilla May 13, 2016

Thanks @Jeff Tillett. Could you elaborate a little on your comment regarding email addresses?  In our current help desk solution, we do have several email addresses to create tickets in different categories. If I'm understanding right, we wouldn't really be able to do this directly in service desk?

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Correct, service desk only allows for one email address to be set up in their mail handler. 

Suggest an answer