I'm started using the Free Cloud Service, can anyone see my Issues by default?

Roy Moshkovitz June 30, 2022

Hi,

I'm recently moved from the Server (On-Premise) version of JIRA to the Free Cloud version apparently because Atlassian no longer supports the Free Server version.

With the Server (On-Premise) I am sure that only users with access to my network and to the Jira can access the information in the Issues, what is the case with the Free version of the Cloud, is my data protected from others?

Thanks,

Roy

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Cloud systems are accessible to the whole world, but by default, do require a log in before people can see anything.  You can configure them to allow anonymous access (see stuff without a log in), but no-one can see your system unless you choose to allow it.

Roy Moshkovitz July 2, 2022

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

@so basically anyone in the world with a login can see the issues? That’s crazy, my project is not open source and has Intellectual Property in it.

is there a way for me to tighten the security? So that only a whitelist of users will be able to see the issues in my project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

No, that's the opposite of what I said.  Could you re-read my answer?

Roy Moshkovitz July 5, 2022

I'm sorry but it's still unclear, If I break down what you wrote:
[Nic:] Cloud systems are accessible to the whole world, but by default, do require a log in before people can see anything.

[Roy:] From this sentence I understand that everyone can access the JIRA cloud but by default (unless I change my security settings) the only thing that's required of anyone is to login (non anonymous)

[Nic:]You can configure them to allow anonymous access (see stuff without a log in), 

[Roy:] I can configure my project/issues to be available to anyone (even without a login)

[Nic:]but no-one can see your system unless you choose to allow it.

[Roy:] That's probably the part you wanted me to re-read.
Is it by default that people needs to be waitlisted to see my issues?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events