• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I'm setting up Jira for a company and want to explore which of the add ons I may need. We are a healthcare IT company and we already have jira. I'm wondering if there is some guidance on the different modules from anyone on line. Thanls

I'm setting up Jira for a company and want to explore which of the add ons I may need. We are a healthcare IT company and we already have jira. I'm wondering if there is some guidance on the different modules from anyone on line. Thanls

Robert Cass March 18, 2015

I'm setting up Jira for a company and want to explore which of the add ons I may need. We are a healthcare IT company and we already have jira. I'm wondering if there is some guidance on the different modules from anyone on line. Thanls

2 answers

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

Tell us what you want to achieve and I'm sure the people here can find something for you. Else, just head to marketplace.atlassian.com

0 votes
Robert Cass March 18, 2015

Thanks for the prompt: I'm integrating two disparate teams that have been brought together via merger. Documentation is meager and most requests are communicated via paper, email, or face to face.

I have JIRA for issue tracking/project management. I am thinking I want to integrate JIRA Agile as I'm am turning our shop into an Agile/scrum shop. I want to centralize all documentation for our apps, projects, assets, etc. so I am thinking Confluence. Today I have brought in HipChat to facilitate team communications and our daily 15 min scrums. I want to manage our source code through JIRA as well but I'm not sure what product to use. I'm also interested in any productivity tools that people may want to recommend.

Thanks, R

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015

For source code, there's a bit of a decision to be made before we can take you far. There are addons and software available for a range of SCMs and you should make your choice of source control without worrying about integration with JIRA and other Atlassian tools. All I'd say about that choice is "make it one of the big names" - Subversion, Git or Perforce are the best ones to use alongside Atlassian stuff. There are addons that give you a lot of visibility into all three of those within JIRA. Also, you might want to consider: * Fisheye is a repository monitoring tool for several SCMs, the Subversion-like ones. * You can add Crucible to Fisheye for a code review tool * Stash is Atlassian's git management tool * Sourcetree is a free (windows/mac) graphical tool for working with git * Atlassian have done a *lot* of work making JIRA play nicely with git. You can do things like create new branches and merges without leaving the JIRA interface for example. (Basically, use git. I thought I should mention that in case the hints above weren't clear. I have some issues with it failing the "I can explain why I use it to my mum" test, but it's better than all the other options for developers) I also highlighted Sourcetree as a windows/mac tool because I mostly live on Linux boxes and I get really grumpy that I can't use a good tool on my preferred platform. All the other stuff works fine on any OS. Can't even get Wine to do it. (I'm English. Whinging about annoyances like this is our national sport)

Suggest an answer