I'm missing a link to the component summary panel in Jira 6.4

dguschl April 28, 2015

Hi,
In JIRA 6.1.7 I've got a link to the component summary panel that I'm missing in JIRA 6.4:

On the project summary page there are a lot of links on the left side:
Summary, Issues,...Agile,... Components
By clicking onto "Components" I get a list of all the components in the project:
http://jira/browse/PKEY#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponents-panel?
By clicking onto one of the components I get a summary page that tells me the id (in the url; 11119 in this case) and I get another menu on the left side:
http://jira/browse/PKEY/component/11119?
The menu in this case (among other thing) allows me the change the metadata of the component.

image2015-4-28 15:23:46.png(sorry - only got a german version ready)

In JIRA 6.4. (I'm not entirely sure from which version on the problem exists) the list of components is different.

If I click on a component I get the Issue Navigator in regards to this component and not the details of the component anymore.

So I'm not able to change the metadata on a component as well as find out the ID of the component easily (which was in the URL in the old version)

Thanks for any hints on where to get the component ID as well as changing the component metadata.

BR

Dominik

4 answers

1 vote
dguschl December 1, 2015

Hi Robert,

nope, unfortunately there has been no response at all.

It seems this feature is only rarely used and therefore no one is missing it.

BR

Dominik

0 votes
dguschl December 2, 2015

In our case:

We have some metadata on each component to figure out which department is handling the issue.

As part of the workflow we read the metadata-information in the component and change some fields accordingly.

With the new version we can't change the metadata of the component anymore (because the link/site is just missing) and therefore we can't switch to anything that is remotely within the Jira 6.4-version range.

So yes, it's really a shame!

BR

Dominik

0 votes
Robert O'Kirwan December 1, 2015

A shame! I find it really helpful if you have a single Project with multiple components and roadmaps. Maybe the best approach is to fragment the number of projects more. 

0 votes
Robert O'Kirwan December 1, 2015

Same issue here. Dominik, did you get any resolution? 

Suggest an answer