I'm looking at the Create Issue window and ther is no longer a field for Story Points.

Deborah Hilton June 1, 2017

I'm looking at the Create Issue window right now and there is no longer a field for Story Points. I'm not sure how this is happening since training is already being given to all the PMs that discusses the fact that they are doing Earned Value Management based on Story Points. Which means it has to be on the issue creation window for ALL projects. It has to be a numeric value (Integer) not textual. And it has to be a field that can be reported across projects, across tasks and subtasks, across time. I don't know how this one is not getting implemented. You can't use JIRA in our Project Management process without it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

You will need to talk to your JIRA administrators. 

One of them has removed it from the create issue screen for that issue type (although it could have been done for many, or even all, issue types and projects)

How would I added it back?

I have it added back but, in the Story Points tab I can enter anything I want.  Shouldn't it be numeric?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

The default Story Points field is numeric, but that won't stop your admins creating a text field with the same name.

It *should* be numeric, absolutely.  Otherwise Scrum stuff can't read it.

Suggest an answer