• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I'm looking at JIRA as the business tool for managing our development team. But before I invest my time in this product I have a fundamental question... Can JIRA help me manage multiple products/projects with one small team?

I'm looking at JIRA as the business tool for managing our development team. But before I invest my time in this product I have a fundamental question... Can JIRA help me manage multiple products/projects with one small team?

Mandy Boyd October 14, 2016

So I want to be able to track the progress of each product/project independently but plan a sprint with just 1 team. I.e. The sprint will encompass several projects/products with 1 team of people.

the team may be designing one feature, developing a feature, testing a feature and doing some bugs fixes all in one sprint but across multiple projects/products. Can I plan this and see this in JIRA. 

Thanks,

Mandy

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Simple answer is "yes" because a board (scrum or kanban) can be set up to draw in issues from many projects and work together with evertyhing it includes.  Scrum boards have a lot of functions around planning of course, with backlogs and scrums.

Suggest an answer