I'm getting the following Jira error when attempting any action (add coments, log time etc)

Robert Pepitone August 5, 2014

Forbidden

Error!
You do not have the permission to make this request. Please refresh the page to continue.

JIRA (v6.0.5#6102-sha1:c1eb8c5)

3 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted

Problem solved.

I have a trial version of Zephyr add-on installed that had expired last December. Yestrerday I was able to create a test through the expired version of Zephyr and that was causing the issue. When I disabled the add-on the problem went away.

DanielP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Just ran into the same issue with Jira 6.3.5 and Zephyr with an expired evaluation license. Disabling the addon made the messages go away. Thanks!

Börje Johnsson November 19, 2014

Also had the same problem with Jira 6.3.7 and disabling our expired Zephyr version solved the problem.

Mudassar Pasha December 4, 2014

Thank the sweet Lord for Q & A forums! Ditto here.

1 vote
Gokul Kumar Krishnan January 7, 2015

Hello Robert,

I am Gokul from Zephyr Support. Thanks for reaching out!!

We would like to inform you that this was a known issue in Zephyr for JIRA 2.5.0 and 2.5.1. This has been fixed in the current version of Zephyr for JIRA 2.5.2.

So please install Zephyr for JIRA 2.5.2 from Atlassian Marketplace and reach out to us if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Regards,

Gokul

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

Sounds like you need to check the permission scheme says you have edit/comment/log-work rights.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm using the default permission scheme and that has not changed. I'm getting this error when attempting to perform ANY action. Create issue, comment, log hours. Any other ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

It's either something in your network settings losing the session (so it no longer thinks you're logged in), or the permissions are wrong. It doesn't matter if you're using the default scheme, the question is what that scheme says about your account's access.

Suggest an answer