I'm Trying to configure Jira on Azure and also MSSQL Database on Azure, but I'm getting an error: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.

Felipe Albacete December 23, 2014

I'm Trying to configure Jira on Azure and also MSSQL Database on Azure.

ERROR: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.

JIRA is installed on a Virtual Machine.

MSSQL is not a Virtual Machine.

Is There any special configuration on Database Or Virtual Machine to do ?

Thanks for your Help!!!

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

Are you using MS-SQL on the default port, and/or over SSL?

Hi Nic!! It's on default port 1433. I deploy a simple project to test connection to MSSQL and works fine but JIRA gives me this error (sad) Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

Ok, but are you using a secure connection?

No, it's not a secure connection Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2014

Ok, that has ruled out the two documented things this might be Could you take a look at your logs, find the error and then report on the root causes of it?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2014

That page covers the two situations that I've already mentioned, and are not the problem.

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2014

Hi Felipe, 

There's a KB about this error: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Connect+to+MS+SQL+Server+Due+to+DB+server+closed+connection

I believe it's worth taking a look at it.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer