• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I'm Trying to configure Jira on Azure and also MSSQL Database on Azure, but I'm getting an error: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.

I'm Trying to configure Jira on Azure and also MSSQL Database on Azure, but I'm getting an error: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.

I'm Trying to configure Jira on Azure and also MSSQL Database on Azure.

ERROR: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.

JIRA is installed on a Virtual Machine.

MSSQL is not a Virtual Machine.

Is There any special configuration on Database Or Virtual Machine to do ?

Thanks for your Help!!!

3 answers

1 vote

Are you using MS-SQL on the default port, and/or over SSL?

Hi Nic!! It's on default port 1433. I deploy a simple project to test connection to MSSQL and works fine but JIRA gives me this error (sad) Thanks!

Ok, but are you using a secure connection?

No, it's not a secure connection Thanks!

Ok, that has ruled out the two documented things this might be Could you take a look at your logs, find the error and then report on the root causes of it?

0 votes

Hi Felipe, 

There's a KB about this error: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Connect+to+MS+SQL+Server+Due+to+DB+server+closed+connection

I believe it's worth taking a look at it.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes

That page covers the two situations that I've already mentioned, and are not the problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,075 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you