I just want to send tickets from Zendesk tot Jira, and I don't want the comments posted in Jira sync with Zendesk. How do I do this

Anneloes Meelkop September 25, 2012

Hi,

I am using Jira and Zendesk for a few weeks now. We are using Jira for 'intern' and Zendesk to communicate with our customers. So I share the tickets in Zendesk with the issues in Jira, they stay up to date and my colleages can see the comments from the customers in Jira. The comments that we posted in jira, weren't sync with Zendesk, so the customers couldn't see them.

I had a few problems with logging work on the issues in Jira. Apparently the cause was the synchronisation between Zendesk and Jira. So I deleted this and did the set-up again. It works fine, but now when I share a ticket in Zendesk with an issue in Jira, it changes the summary and description in Jira. I don't want that to happen. How can I change this?

Also, when we comment in Jira, Jira sends the comments to Zendesk. Our customers can see the comments and I don't want that either. How do I fix this?

I don't understand that the first integration was doing everything that I wanted, but wasn't done well. Now the integration is done well and it isn't doing what I want. Please help :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Hi,

I believe that what you are trying to do is described on this Zendesk documentation.

Basically on the filed mapping you should set the Direction to be Zendesk to JIRA.

Hope this helps! And let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer