I just start a new role need to become a Jira expert quickly

Michael Sujkowski December 22, 2021

I started new job. I learn from videos. Watching and doing the steps together. I want to absorb and become a passionate leader. Hope to train junior people.

2 answers

0 votes
Natali Afouxenidis December 22, 2021

Hi @Michael Sujkowski ,

I would suggest you start with Jira Fundamentals from Atlassian University. You can find many useful training courses at Atlassian University catalog. Some free and some paid.

I also found this course in udemy very useful: Understanding Jira for users, managers and admins. (You need to have an account in udemy to watch this.)

The Atlassian community is very helpful and there is also an Atlassian youtube channel that you may find interesting.

The best way to learn is by being a Jira Admin and try solving real world scenarios in Jira. The more complex the problems, the better. 

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in your new job.

Kind regards,

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Michael Sujkowski

welcome to the community.

There are various ways to learn Jira. I think you should be clear about some questions:

What's your current level of Jira know-how?

Which hosting option do you want to be an expert in?
Jira Cloud and Jira Server/Data Center have many things in common but also work quite differently when it comes to the details.

What kind of expert do you want to be?
You can use Jira on various levels and not everyone needs to know everything in Jira. In Jira, I'd categorize the roles like they're categorized in the Atlassian university.

• Jira User
    Learn to use Jira to manage your daily work and projects, plus track progress of the work done within your team.
  • Jira Project Administrator
    Jira Project Administrators can configure project boards, set up sprints, assign team members to roles, and create reports. They work with Jira Administrators when global changes are required.
  • Jira Administrator
    Everything above + global configuration options like adding apps, user management, tons of configuration schemes, etc.

One way of learning would be the official Atlassian University trainings but if you know what you want to learn, there are also plenty of Jira videos on youtube.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer