I installed Subversion pluging on JIRA but i can't see the IHM of commits? can you help me? thks in advance

ERTEL December 8, 2014

2 answers

0 votes
ERTEL December 8, 2014

below the log file :

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2014

What's an IHM?

What docmentation have you followed for installing the addon, and what have you done differently from what it says?

What does your log file say after you install/enable the plugin?

ERTEL December 8, 2014

IHM : interface wich describe all commits as fellow :

image2014-12-8 18:29:48.png

I followed a documentation in the website atlassian to install this pluging.

The prblem it's that i don't have the 'subversion Commits in JIRA' i don't know how can i link between the issue in JIRA and the repository in SVN.

Thks a lot for your response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2014

The way the plugin works is that it indexes your repository and looks for the keys of any Jira issues in the commit messages. So, to get them to appear, you need to ensure your commit messages include the issue references. If you don't get this tab appearing, then the plugin may not have enabled correctly. So, the things to check: - Is the plugin showing that it is enabled ok under "manage plugins"? - Do you have a sample issue - one that is definitely linked in the subversion repository? - Have you allowed time for the plugin to re-index the subversion repository (when first installed, it needs to churn through all the history on the commit messages. After the initial pass, it will go "everything since I last looked 20 minutes ago", which is a lot quicker) - Could you please check the log file for errors and the lines it should have about the plugin loading ok (after you've checked the stuff above)

ERTEL December 8, 2014

Good Morning Nic Brough,

Thank you for your response, unfortunatly i added the key of Jira issue in the commit messages but i can't see the commit on Jira.

The plugin is correctly enabled, i have the twoo botton : Commit and Subversion as bellow :

image2014-12-9 9:57:59.png

Do you have an other suggestions??

Thanks in advance ,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2014

The commits tab is nothing to do with Subversion, you need to be looking at the Subversion tab However, your log file is very clear - the subversion index is, at the very least, broken. From that error, it's probably non-existent. I would: 1. Stop JIRA 2. Remove the directory /data1/jira/data/index/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions (not just the contents, you need the directory gone completely) 3. Test that the user that JIRA can create the directory and write files into it as well. Make sure you remove the test files you create during the test 4. Restart JIRA 5. After it's responding to your users again, go and check that it has recreated the folder and started putting files into it. Effectively, this is a trick to force it to rebuild the index from scratch. Because the one you've got is damaged in some way. You also need to establish why it got broken (although I'd bet on incorrect permissions in the directory or running out of disk space - those two cover 99% of the issues I've had with the plugin)

ERTEL December 16, 2014

Hy,

Think you for your help it was a interesting.

I would ask you about the fonction of the button Commit wich apear after the installation of the plug in in JIRA ?

image2014-12-16 16:8:8.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2014

The commits tab is for linking to other source code tools.

ERTEL December 16, 2014

wa can ignore the configuration (picture bellow)of the repositories in JIRA and we based on this link :

image2014-12-16 16:43:55.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2014

I don't understand what you're asking now.

ERTEL December 16, 2014

i don't understand what is the difference between the : Commits and Subversion Button ??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2014

Well, if you read the previous answers... The subversion tab is for subversion. The commits tab is for linking to other source code tools.

Suggest an answer