I installed JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10 but it's not visible when I go to create a project

Kristin Bitler October 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing JIRA Service Desk

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Do you mean you don't have any option to create "service desk" type projects when you are asked which project template to use?

Kristin Bitler October 18, 2016

Yes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

Ok, can you check that your admin account has permission to use Service Desk (check in managing application users) and that it's not showing any errors or warnings in "manage applications"

Kristin Bitler October 19, 2016

I checked our user group to make certain I was included, which I was. I then went to Applications >Application access and checked the box under default (see image). I still don't have the option to create a service desk template to choose.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 4.37.15 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2016

Sorry for the delay, email fatigue!

Could you try reading the application log alongside trying to create a new project?  Does it give any warnings or errors when you open the window that asks you which templates to use?

Kristin Bitler October 21, 2016

Hi Nic, our developers restarted the dev environment and ran into a load of issues that prevented it from ever restarting. We're spinning up a different machine to run the service desk on in the hopes that it doesn't interfere with plugins, which appears to have been the issue. I've asked for the sake of knowledge to glean the issues from the log if they can for me to share with you on this forum. It will take them a couple of days due to other priorities. I'll post here when we get that information. Thank you and no worries about the delay, I understand. Cheers

Suggest an answer