I installed JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10 but it's not visible when I go to create a project

1 answer

0 votes

Do you mean you don't have any option to create "service desk" type projects when you are asked which project template to use?

Ok, can you check that your admin account has permission to use Service Desk (check in managing application users) and that it's not showing any errors or warnings in "manage applications"

I checked our user group to make certain I was included, which I was. I then went to Applications >Application access and checked the box under default (see image). I still don't have the option to create a service desk template to choose.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 4.37.15 PM.png

Sorry for the delay, email fatigue!

Could you try reading the application log alongside trying to create a new project?  Does it give any warnings or errors when you open the window that asks you which templates to use?

Hi Nic, our developers restarted the dev environment and ran into a load of issues that prevented it from ever restarting. We're spinning up a different machine to run the service desk on in the hopes that it doesn't interfere with plugins, which appears to have been the issue. I've asked for the sake of knowledge to glean the issues from the log if they can for me to share with you on this forum. It will take them a couple of days due to other priorities. I'll post here when we get that information. Thank you and no worries about the delay, I understand. Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,470 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you