I hope to migrate JIRA+CONF to our server machines,can u give me a safe plan?

qiniu product owner May 9, 2016
HI,
We have been running for some days using  evaluation license, now we purchase it. 
I hope to migrate JIRA+CONF to our server machines,can u give me a safe plan? 

2 answers

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Can you provide some more detail?

Do you want to migrate the data from your evaluation?

Are you using Cloud or Server versions of JIRA and Confluence?

qiniu product owner May 9, 2016

Yes,we use the server versions of JIRA and Confluence.

I want to migrate the data from the evaluation.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Make sure you are installing the exact same version of JIRA and Confluence on your server machines.

I am assuming you used the embedded SQL database for your evaluation and you want to port your data to a new database such as MySQL or PostgresSQL (or any supported RDBMS).

Once you have setup the instances, you can export all the data from the evaluation instances of JIRA and Confluence using their own native Export functionality.

Then import that data into your new instances. These procedures for this are documented online by Atlassian. If you have trouble finding them let me know. But it is all pretty straightforward.

Suggest an answer