I have users that have a Jira Delegated LDAP Auth login that can't login

christian October 6, 2013

I have imported all the users into Jira from Bugzilla. This created the users using the Delegated LDAP Auth User Directory.

The users are not able to log in unless I have the Copy function setup. This creates an issue in that a clone account that has none of the tickets assigned to the original account is created and that account is the only one able to be logged into.

What do I do to get the accounts that already exist to not require the copy function to work?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2013

Hello Christian,

Nice to meet you, I believe that the user will not be able to login if the user is not registered yet under the Delegated LDAP Directory, the user have to be included in the directory first to make it able to login. So, I think the Copy User on first login need to be enabled, after the user are on the Delegated Directory, then the feature is unchecked it will be able to login.

So, if I'm understand it correctly, the problem is it will create a multiple accounts in the JIRA Instance if the feature is enable and if disabled it would not be able to login.

Regards,

Julian Rahmadiputra.

0 votes
christian November 20, 2013

We have this worked out now. It was an issue of the usernames not matching. Thanks anyway!

Suggest an answer