I have user Stories written in Jira, now I want to link test cases to the user stories.

Mothe Shiva Kumar Reddy June 29, 2022

How Can i create test Cases in Jira and Link them to specific User story.

2 answers

0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Mothe Shiva Kumar Reddy 

You can try using AIO Tests - Test Management for Jira.

It is integrated with Jira and provides an easy way to connect your test cases to Jira stories without cluttering the Jira project.

We are one of the few test management tools that do not treat test entities like cases, executions, cycles, runs, etc. as Jira issues. This approach helps us provide a more seamless and intuitive way of test management.

Here is a link to our documentation. If you would like a demo, please contact us through our support portal.

Regards,
Noopur

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Mothe Shiva Kumar Reddy welcome to the community.

Do you have a test management tool? 
Jira is not a test management tool, and does not have a test management tool out of the box.
If you are using an external test management tool, what is the test management tool that you are using?
Is that test management tool integrated with Jira?

Mothe Shiva Kumar Reddy June 29, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell we dont use any test management tool as of now, we only use Standard Jira Software.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Without a test management tool.
You could create a separate issue type named test case with any relevant fields required for capturing the test case information re: custom fields
Then you would link that issue to the story. 
To keep it clear that the link is for test cases/story I would also recommend creating a custom issue link for this and give it an inward/outward link that reflects the test case and that test cases link to the story.
re: link in story would read "Test Cases In Story" link in Test Case would read "Stories in Test Case"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events