I have to show my custom field to specific group like :jira-Qa

Mohan Kiran June 20, 2013

Hi,

I have 3 diffenrent groups in my application like Jira-qa, Jira-Bu, Jira-Network

Hi I have created arround 10 custom filed. In that i have to visible only 4 custom fileds to specific group like Jira-Network and it has to hidden remaining groups.

Regards

Mohan

6 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2013

Jira does not do field level security. End of story.

Your options are all code based:

• Write plugins to implement hiding
  • Write plugins that provide fields with security functions
  • Write javascript to hide stuff (bear in mind javascript can be easily bypassed)
  • Install other people's plugins (Behaviours or Field Security have already been mentioned) to provide the above
0 votes
V June 20, 2013
0 votes
Mohan Kiran June 20, 2013

Hi Nitram,

Right now we dont have possibility to change the code, only through administration configuration settings can you say whether it will be possible or not.

Regards

Mohan K

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Hi

I dont think so that you can do hiding and showing using administration configuration settings

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Hi ,

Look at the link below,

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/150927/java-script-to-include-logic-for-the-text-field-to-depend-on-the-radio-button-field-selection

It shows and hides the fields on radio button changes, so you need to check it against the group that you have, and do the hiding and showing.

Hope this Helps.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2013

You could use JIRA Field Security Plugin to achieve this, but it's not for free.

Suggest an answer