I have to show my custom field to specific group like :jira-Qa

Hi,

I have 3 diffenrent groups in my application like Jira-qa, Jira-Bu, Jira-Network

Hi I have created arround 10 custom filed. In that i have to visible only 4 custom fileds to specific group like Jira-Network and it has to hidden remaining groups.

Regards

Mohan

6 answers

1 vote

Jira does not do field level security. End of story.

Your options are all code based:

• Write plugins to implement hiding
  • Write plugins that provide fields with security functions
  • Write javascript to hide stuff (bear in mind javascript can be easily bypassed)
  • Install other people's plugins (Behaviours or Field Security have already been mentioned) to provide the above

You could use JIRA Field Security Plugin to achieve this, but it's not for free.

Hi ,

Look at the link below,

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/150927/java-script-to-include-logic-for-the-text-field-to-depend-on-the-radio-button-field-selection

It shows and hides the fields on radio button changes, so you need to check it against the group that you have, and do the hiding and showing.

Hope this Helps.

Hi

I dont think so that you can do hiding and showing using administration configuration settings

Hope this helps.

Hi Nitram,

Right now we dont have possibility to change the code, only through administration configuration settings can you say whether it will be possible or not.

Regards

Mohan K

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

622 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you